Squash risotto with basil tips
Ingredients for 4 Servings
- 500 g red kuri squash
- 400 g risotto rice
- 2 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1.2 litres vegetable stock
- 200 ml white wine
- 100 g Parmesan cheese
- 40 g butter
- 90 ml olive oil
- 1 bunch of basil
- Salt and pepper
- Remove the seeds and remaining stem from the squash and cut up into small cubes. Heat up 6 tablespoons of oil in a pan and sear the squash cubes at high heat for 3 minutes.
- Peel and finely dice the shallots and garlic.
- Heat up 6 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan and sweat the shallots and garlic at medium heat for 2 minutes until translucent. Add the risotto rice and steam for another 2 minutes while stirring.
- Little by little, first deglaze with 200 ml white wine. Then add the squash cubes and stir in the stock by the spoonful. Allow the risotto rice to simmer gently and continuously, stirring frequently.
- Once all the liquid has boiled away, remove the risotto from
the stove. Stir in Parmesan and butter. Season to taste with
½ teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Arrange on a soup plate and garnish with basil tips.